Search This Blog

Monday, January 4, 2010

And then there was a post

This is an amazing hook.  Right now.  At least, that's what I was hoping for, the type of beginning word or phrase that sucks you, the reader, right on in and keeps you hanging around to finish at least the first paragraph.  Because that's how awesome of a writer I am.  Or at least, how awesome of a writer I hope to become.  While maintaining that the use of the word awesome does not preclude me from entering the world of blogging genius.  but perhaps I digress, at least let me begin with how this all began, or I guess, is beginning.

I am an adult.  Along with all the trappings of bills and responsibility, although I have managed to avoid jury duty thus far (I hope that admission doesn't promote some sort of karmic retrobution).  But I, I think like many of my so called generation, am still searching for my path, or my calling.  I'm about to finish my master's degree in Theatre.  I know, I know.  It has been amazing and tumultious though.  But more on that later.  And no, by the way, just because I know it's what you are thinking, I don't want to teach.  So what now?  I currently am floating between two coasts in a Keroacian avoidance of roots and commitment.  And I have decided to embark on the self-discovery route.  I want to know who I am and what I want to do.  It's strange to have arrived at the point I've always wanted, a crazy bohemian life where I travel, I observe and I record, and to find out that maybe I've missed something along the way.

Should I have gone to medical school?  Should I be enrolling in Law school next year?  Is there a greater purpose?  Maybe I should move to Africa and build wells?  Well, we've all done it different ways, and if Sara Davidson is any indication, we'll all keep doing it until we die, but this is going to be my way.  My little online exploration where I over-share, and I commit myself to two things.  Everyday I will work and try something new (I've always sucked at meditation, so maybe tomorrow's forte will be attempting to sit and calm my mind...) and everyday I will post at least something.  So here it goes.  I think self exploration will be scary and probably suck, but I need to stop telling myself I'm going to make a change, and instead just do it.  Yep.  Here it goes...

Oh and by the way, I'll fix all the grammatical errors later.  I read the latest Strunk and White, quite gripping.  But the great comma debate of 08 will have to be put on hold for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment